Today’s show is all about SLEEP! (Listen here) One of our favorite topics at Evolved Recovery. We are thrilled to be interviewing, Dr. Mark Burhenne, dentist, sleep expert, and the author of the 8-Hour Sleep Paradox available here.
First, a couple of announcements! Portland, Oregon, we will be in your city for the Nutritional Therapy Association’s 9th Annual Conference March 18-20. If you’d like to have us speak to your recovery organization during our visit, please contact us here! If you’re interested in the conference and learning a huge amount about nutrition and health, we will be speaking Friday afternoon, and all details are at nutritionaltherapyconference.com.
We talk about Susan’s new toy which will revolutionize your cooking and time in the kitchen:
- 6-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker–Pressure Cooker, Saute/Browning, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer & Warmer
- Large, easy to use control panel with ten built-in Smart Programs, automatic keep-warm, and 3 temperatures for saute/browning and slow cook
- Delay cooking time up to 24-Hours; Manual setting up to 120 minutes of cook time
- UL and ULC certified with 10 proven safety mechanisms; Highly energy efficient
- Includes 3-ply bottom stainless steel cooking pot, stainless steel steam rack, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup, instructions, recipes, and cooking time tables
Check out The Insta Pot here. At the time of this post, the price is reduced to $86 which is 61% off. That’s huge!!
The 8-Hour Sleep Paradox
Please give a warm welcome to today’s guest Dr. Mark Burhenne from Ask The Dentist. He is an integrative family dentist of 30 years, contributor to Yahoo! Health, CNN, and HuffPost. You can find him on Facebook and Twitter. Dr. Mark Burhenne is the author of The 8-hour Sleep Paradox: How We Are Sleeping Our Way to Fatigue, Disease and Unhappiness. Get Dr. Burhenne’s book here.
Show Topics & Links:
- Sleep Apnea
- UCLA Study
- Sleep in early recovery.
- Sleep studies
- Oral Appliances
- Should everyone have a sleep study?
- Why falling asleep quickly is not good.
- Oral healthcare after neglecting for a long time.
- How to avoid dentist shaming.